Installing a security camera in your home is a great addition to your security system. There are three reasons homeowners want to have security cameras installed.
1. Prevent Break-ins. Security cameras are a great way to prevent break-ins from happening to keep all your belongings safe
2. Evidence. This is to verify that an expected situation has occurred. For example, checking in on your children to see if they made it home from school.
3. Knowledge & Documentation. This can include a few situations. You might want to catch a burglar in the act or checking see if you kids are sneaking back into the house after curfew.
After you have determined what the primary reasons are for installing security cameras, you can think more about positions to put them.
Security Camera Placement Guidelines
• Place a camera at the front door as this is the main entry
• The back door is also another good place to put a camera
• Cameras can be hidden on the top of cabinets to record a lot of foot traffic
• Kitchens are another good place to put a camera. Positioned off the garage as they are another point of entry to the home
• Hallways to bedrooms should also have a camera
Outdoor VS Indoor Home Security Cameras
Outdoor Security Cameras – There are a few things to keep in mind when placing outdoor cameras. It’s harder to hide them outside, you’ll have to consider the elements when they are installed outside and you’ll will need to position cameras to have access to power. This may affect where you can place them, and a recording of an outdoor event isn’t always considered a crime. If these issues aren’t a problem, then outdoor cameras can be a great deterrent to crime and can help you monitor what’s going on around your home.
Indoor Security Cameras – If you want to have cameras inside your home, you’ll have more flexibility. You will need to consider all the points of entry and high-traffic areas. Indoor cameras are a great way to prove that a crime has been committed. While a stranger walking around on your property isn’t necessarily a crime, getting into your home is. Undetected cameras can be instrumental in proving a crime has occurred.
Security Camera Sales & Installation
Just like other security equipment, home security cameras have lots of options. You may only need a simple system rather than a top of the line model.
• Which features are you most interested in?
• Do you want to have a wireless or wired system?
• How many cameras do you want?
• How secure will the camera(s) be?
• How much will it cost?
• Will the camera record constantly or reactively?
• Will the camera blend in or look like a camera?
Security Camera Wiring, Installation & More in Greenwich, New Canaan, Darien, Norwalk, Westport, Southbury, Stamford, CT & Fairfield County, Connecticut
Obviously, you want home security cameras in your home that will take care of all your needs. This is when it’s time to call the professionals at Sentry Electric to get you started on the peace of mind that home security cameras can provide. Contact us today!